Monday, May 20, 2013

Craft Paradise: Yuzawaya

I was lucky I had a chance to explore Japan last year. There are a lot of crafters in Japan and I was able to discover one of their havens. It was my friend Mayumi who brought me to Yuzawaya in Yokohama Bay Quarters Mall on my 4th day in Japan. I could have stayed the whole day in this two-floor department store like space filled with everything I love.
 Areas and racks are very organized, so you won't have a hard time looking for materials for your projects.
 Here's a rack with just Anpanman buttons! 
 Aren't these babies pretty?
 The skull-lover in me fainted a little when I saw these fabrics. I'd buy them all if they weren't too expensive, but at least I have a picture! Hehe!
 Elephants are love, can you see a halloween themed fabric peeping?
 These are mostly for comforters or blankets, but see how organized they are.
 And yes, I lingered in this area just looking at stickers and pencils.
 I seriously had to stop myself from buying!
 I thought these were really pretty.
 Another view of an area, by the sewing machines and fabrics.
 Patches!!!
 I was really there to look for cotton and see all my options!
 More fabrics.
 These buttons are all pretty!
And there was a long line at the counter. I wish I had taken photos of the other areas too but I got a bit shy. And felt I should stop taking pictures and just explore. I was lining up because I was to pay for cotton! Haha! It's a one stop shop for craft lovers and I'm sure you guys would love it too!

No comments :

Post a Comment