Sunday, May 17, 2015

Craft Project: Personalize my planner

These past few weeks, I have discovered a lot of things. How planners have evolved and a surge of crafters around the world are doing it. Also, snail mail is back and penpals but in a more creative way and it makes me more excited to be a "newbie" in this community. 

And my blog is about these discoveries, learning, creativity, trials and errors of my diy projects and friends who visit my blog, I'm sure share the same passion.

But my recent discovery of beautiful planners and nice embelishments came with a price, so I decided to try and make myself a decent one. I went to National bookstore and found me a green planner (i told myself if my plan doesn't work at least I like the color) for P270 (about $5.50) used up my points so I only paid P70 for my new planner. 

These were my fabric options for the project but chose the one on the right because it's less likely to look dirty that the lighter colored fabric.
My weapon of choice is this Modge podge for fabric. This is also my first time to use this kind of glue so I didn't know what to expect.
Just spread the glue evenly. You have to do it in parts so the glue won't stick on different surfaces.
I started on the cover.
After the cover has dried, I started with riing on the inside which was challenging because of the pockets.
I just used a regular cutter and scissors to cut those pockets.
And I finally covered everything! It took me two days to dry the whole planner, because I also glazed the cover and inside pages with Modge podge.
And now I'm excited to place the personalized inside pages that I also worked on.










1 comment :

  1. My favorite! I can't stop fangirling! Chos. Pero totoo! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete