Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Take it Slow

Some people can really put pressure on us when we let them. Before my son turned two this year, he can only say the word "car" which bothered people around us. Yes, he'd keep on blabbing, but that's about it.

I have always kept calm about this situation, boys speak more later than girls someone told me and I believed that. Because I also took care of my younger cousins who are mostly girls and they really picked up words fast.

Another cousin, who has a son with the same age as mine shares the same sentiment. We always update each other, "has your son started talking already?" And of course there are signs of developmental health we have to watch out for as parents. Does your child look straight in your eyes when you call him? And all these other things that are put in your plate you have to think of while raising a child.

When you go online on social media, you see children of friends who are really fast speakers and they are so cute, and somehow wish your child would start talking also.

When my son turned two last October, my fears have been alleyed when one day I just woke up and my son has started to count, sing the alphabet and old mcdonald had a farm. Really, children develop at their own phase and we cannot rush them to be like the rest. There is no better teacher than having a child, where you  have to have the patience to re-learn the most basic things in life. Most days, you will hear me an my husband singing all these nursery rhymes together with our son. I find myself humming these rhymes also on my way to work, it is my LSS. To be honest, I love learning these things again with my son.

And everyday and everynight, as I wake up and before I go to sleep, I thank the universe for the strength and patience that I have. 




No comments :

Post a Comment