Wednesday, March 25, 2015

DIY Project: Moon Sand

I remember dreaming of having a sandbox inside our house, I was so impressed with kids creating sandcastles in sandboxes in Sesame Street.  The dream "almost" came true when the lot beside our house was converted into a town house and the construction people brought in mountains of sand! Not the brown ones though, they were black and gray but it was still sand. When my cousins and I discovered this treasure one afternoon, we all ran inside the house looking for pails and shovels to play. The sand mountains were also very significant during our langit and lupa sessions.

With the rise of the DIY, I am one of the happiest discovering all these projects that people share online. And as my toddler is now on his discovery stage, I decided to make Moon Sand one weekend. There are a lot of ingredients online to create these DIY sand projects, from Moon Sand to Kinetic Sand but I just improvised on what we have available in our house.

Materials:
2 cups of Cornstarch
Half cup of baby oil
Half cup brown sugar


 


No comments :

Post a Comment