Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Missing Pieces

I have been moving things for the past couple of years. From my parents house, to my own studio, to an apartment with my son and my partner. In the process of these transfers I learned how to let go of objects that mean something ro me, because it is inevitable. It was after Ondoy (a strong typhoon that struck Manila), where I lost a lot of my treasures (books, photos and trinkets from way back), I have learned to un-attach myself these things, to slowly let go. 

I am currently working on some pieces for an art exhibit and started looking for objects that I know I have can't seem to find in our studio. So I went to my parents house to check my stuff that has already been boxed, no, I didn't find what I was looking for but I found these objects that somehow made me happy.

Brush pens that I only used for maybe three times. I am so happy to find these because I'm planning attend a caligraphy workshop next week :D this is a sign!
My graffitti mask. No, I don't do graf but I use this whenever I spray paint on my artworks. I got them from carrotbombing.com which is owned by my friend Trip.
These miniature toys that I got in Japan. These will be for my little boy when he's old enough to play with tiny toys.
Paints are always a happy find.
This craft book that I got for only P20.00 at National Bookstore.
And these stamps! ❤️

By the way, I had a solo exhibition last year about these "missing pieces" and you can check the works here: http://mimitecson.com/Missing-Pieces




No comments :

Post a Comment